Mon, Jun 14|
Jefferson County Sheriff Training Center
Field Force Extrication Tactics - Free Course
Field Force Extrication Tactics (FFE) is a three-day course that provides students with the knowledge and skills to operate the tools necessary to extricate individuals safely from protester devices while reducing liability and ensuring due process.
Time & Location
Jun 14, 2021, 8:00 AM – Jun 16, 2021, 5:00 PM
Jefferson County Sheriff Training Center, 3500 Happy Hollow Ln, Fultondale, AL 35068, USA
About the Event
Field Force Extrication Tactics will be offered June 14- June 16, 2021.
To apply for this class, follow the instructions below:
1. Have your FEMA SID number and password. You must have a FEMA SID number before you can apply for the
• If you need a FEMA SID number, go to Register Click Here https://cdp.dhs.gov/FEMASID and
click “Register for FEMA SID” or click “Forgot FEMA SID?” if you have forgotten your FEMA SID.
• Registering for a FEMA SID number does not register you for this class. You must apply for the class
2. Click this link to apply for the class: Click here To Apply
• Enter your FEMA SID and password.
• A CDP Training Registration System (TRS) application for 21N-1572 FFE will open.
• Complete the required fields.
• Click the "Review and Submit Application Now" button.
Complete the application process by clicking the affirmation checkbox and providing your digital
signature by entering your name and FEMA SID password.
(If you have trouble with the link, go to https://cdp.dhs.gov/students and enter 21N-1570 FFO in the
"Have a Promo Code?" box. You must enter the promo code exactly as it appears here to
3. If you encounter any errors, please do not attempt to bypass or skip through them. Please document the
error with as many details as possible and/or screenshots (print screen) and submit to
FEMASIDHELP@cdpemail.dhs.gov so the error can be documented and addressed by the development team.
Once the error has been reported, then proceed.
Field Force Extrication Tactics (FFE) is a three-day course that provides students with the knowledge and skills to operate the tools necessary to extricate individuals safely from protester devices while reducing liability and ensuring due process. Responders receive instruction in protest situations, legal considerations, responsibilities of extrication teams, and extrication techniques required to defeat protester devices. The course culminates in a series of hands-on activities that allow responders to practice the learned skills (operating extrication tools, defeating protester devices, and communicating with other students while operating power tools) in a realistic context.
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets, learned during this training program:
- Identify considerations of a protest situation in accordance with the analysis of current legal precedence and crowd control best practices.
- Plan a response to a protester device situation in accordance with tactical objectives.
- Defeat protester devices.
- Operate the hand tools in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications.
Prerequisites and Requirements To be eligible for the course, the student must successfully complete the following courses:
AWR-160, WMD/Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders;
IS-100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System
IS-100, or any of the available ICS-100 series; and
IS-700.b, National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction.
Students must be in good physical shape and be capable of lifting 60 pounds while bending at the knees and waist, and be capable of operating the following power tools while bending downward and forward at the waist: Extrication saw, Angle grinder, Reciprocating saw, Jackhammer, Rotary hammer, Rebar cutter, Rotary tool.
The Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) is an Accredited Provider (AP) of Continuing Education Units (CEU) and is authorized to award the following CEUs for successful completion of this activity:
FLETA (Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation) - 24 CEUs
IACET (International Association of Continuing Education and Training) – 2.4 CEUs
Location of training :
Jefferson County Sheriff's Training Center
3500 Happy Hollow Lane
Fultondale, AL 35068
POC: Director Tommie Black 205-849-5246 or email email@example.com