Tue, Oct 18|
Jefferson County Sheriff Training Center
LAW ENFORCEMENT ON THE STAND
You, the officer, as well as your agency’s reputation is at stake. This training helps you win the credibility confrontation. Remember the result of all the work you do on the street depends on your performance ON THE STAND.
Time & Location
Oct 18, 2022, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Jefferson County Sheriff Training Center, 3500 Happy Hollow Ln, Fultondale, AL 35068, USA
About the Event
This is an 8-hour class
This National Law Enforcement Witness Training Program will be taught by Caren Cambre. She has presented this training around the U.S. for police departments, sheriff’s offices, federal and state officers, and conferences such as the International Interdiction Association, National Homicide Investigators; Narcotics Officers Association Conferences; HIDTA, and ROCIC training conferences. She has also published several articles on cross-examination.
As law enforcement agencies have been repeatedly attacked in the media, the courtroom has become more dangerous and complex. The stakes on the witness stand are high for the officer and for your agency.
You, the officer, as well as your agency’s reputation is at stake. This training helps you win the credibility confrontation. Remember the result of all the work you do on the street depends on your performance ON THE STAND. An entire investigation can be undone when you testify. Your case isn’t closed until your testimony.
This course will cover topics such as:
· What is your “job” as a witness
· How to address rapidly changing social justice issues…how do they apply to testimony
· Your report & your testimony …how to avoid an unhappy ending
· Attitude & Demeanor – media nightmare
· Direct testimony – whose story is this anyway
· Exhibits 101 ….show and tell time
· What “Should” happen before you testify…you are the one in the chair
· Cross-examination – handling the attack
· How to see objections coming
· What happens before and after you testify and why it matters
POC: Director Tommie Black 205-849-5246 or email@example.com