Mon, Jan 25|
Gardendale's First Baptist Church - Fami
Traffic Homicide Investigation - THI
This course will arm you with the necessary skills to conduct a thorough traffic crash investigation and properly document your findings for courtroom presentation.
Time & Location
Jan 25, 2021, 8:00 AM – Jan 29, 2021, 5:00 AM
Gardendale's First Baptist Church - Fami, 940 Main St, Gardendale, AL 35071, USA
About the Event
Items to be provided
1. A 1 inch 3 ring binder ( 1 per student)
2. Legal note pad paper ( 2 per student)
3. Traffic accident template (1 per student)
4. Printer paper ( for the scale diagrams (1 pack) and to print off all the material to put into the
Items that the student needs to bring
1. Scientific Calculator
2. 12-inch ruler
5. Classroom Compass
You will learn the proper procedures for measuring, scale diagramming, and photographing in order to record physical evidence and essential facts available only at the crash scene. You will learn the fundamentals of mathematics, physics, and engineering as they pertain to crash investigations and the proper mathematical equations to apply for the type of crash being investigated. Finally, you will learn to analyze the information to determine what happened before, during, and after the collision.
- Physical evidence from the roadway
- Physical evidence from the vehicle
- The human element and occupant kinematics
- Mathematical principles and equations
- Skid marks and vehicle speeds
- Crash scene photography
- Traffic templates
- Measuring and scale diagramming
- Driver and witness interviews
- Information analysis and case preparation
This is part 1 of 2. Students must complete both parts for a total of 80 hours.
All COVID-19 Safety protocols will be enforced.